Contact: Shaun McDougall, U.S. Defense Budget Analyst
Phone: (203) 426-0800
Fax: (203) 426-1964
Forecast International, Inc.
22 Commerce Rd. Newtown, CT 06470 USA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Forecast International Launches Improved U.S. Defense Budget Database
NEWTOWN, Conn. August 8, 2017] – Forecast International is pleased to announce the launch of a newly enhanced U.S. Defense Budget Forecast database, now featuring the ability to track major program spending and identify winners and losers within every Pentagon budget request. FI's budget database provides quick access to DoD request and forecast budget data, justification documents, congressional markups, and more. The Pentagon's massive weapons spending plan can be sorted by value, with options for filtering programs by appropriation title (R1/P1), service, and appropriation account.
The improved budget database now contains the Pentagon's five-year spending plan for every acquisition program in the budget, giving users access to a complete dataset of DoD forecasts. In addition to offering convenient access to this raw data, these new datasets allow for a thorough funding comparison between multiple DoD spending plans.
"By comparing program spending in the current budget request with projected spending from the previous year, identifying the winners and losers within every request is only a button click away," said Shaun McDougall, Forecast International's U.S. Defense Budget Analyst.
A new grouping feature now displays related funding lines for big-ticket items, providing a more accurate view of how money for major programs is being disbursed. This feature also shows the true cost of a weapon system over the course of the Future Years Defense Program, including development, production, and modernization.
"Many of the Pentagon's largest programs are funded under numerous line items scattered throughout separate research and procurement accounts, and our improved database brings all of those items together to paint a clear picture of a program's overall cost," McDougall says. Furthermore, the budget database follows every acquisition line item through the entire congressional markup process, while offering easy access to justification documents and legislation.
FI's U.S. Defense Budget Forecast tool is an expansive acquisition spending database that lets you find the budget data and documents you need in seconds.
- An interactive online interface that provides fast and easy access to historical, current, and forecast budget data.
- Comparison of new budget requests with previous DoD spending projections to identify programs that have gained or lost funding.
- Grouping of related line items to display the true cost of weapon system development, production, and modernization.
- New sorting tools that are capable of identifying the most valuable programs within the acquisition budget.
- Congressional Budget Tracker, which follows every acquisition program through the entire budget process, and provides immediate access to defense legislation.
- A detailed view of the Pentagon's Future Years Defense Program.
- Budget Docs, which put current and historical program justification documents at your fingertips – no more digging through thousands of pages of government documents to find the data you need.
- Analysis of the President's Request and defense committee markups, which provides critical insight into the Pentagon's acquisition efforts.
- Custom Excel downloads.
For additional information about the U.S. Defense Budget Forecast or other Forecast International products, please visit www.forecastinternational.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Forecast International
Forecast International's resources and extensive base of experience can also be readily adapted and efficiently focused to fulfill a broad spectrum of civil and military consulting and special research requirements. The company is increasingly performing proprietary consulting studies in support of the diverse markets it covers.
Forecast International, Inc. is a leading provider of Market Intelligence and Consulting in the areas of aerospace, defense, power systems and military electronics. Based in Newtown, Conn., USA, the company specializes in long-range industry forecasts and market assessments used by strategic planners, marketing professionals, military organizations, and governments worldwide. Forecast International also maintains a high posture of situational awareness and geopolitical analysis.
Vice President, Research & Editorial Services
22 Commerce Rd. Newtown, CT 06470 USA